Thursday, November 17, 2016

A plane leaves every day 321/366 #project366 #november #2016 Today I was almost mugged by a "motorista" when I got to my friend's building. I was walking towards the entrance when this guy on a bike approached me from behind and told me "don't move". I ignored him and continued walking and shouted "guard, open the door, this guy wants to rob me" while the guy was still telling me to stop. The guard acted quickly and opened the door, the thief stared at me while still on his bike and left. I knew it was bound to happen soon, criminality has risen scarily in my country these past few years, alongside with corruption and poverty. I just never thought I would react this way. I'm sure I'm alive because dad protected me from up there. When things like this happen, all I can think of is leaving the country in search of new horizons, but then I think about my family and friends and how I'm not about to let my beautiful island sink in the hands of these antisocial individuals, so I'm gonna stay and fight for a better tomorrow. I'm still trembling, though.


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2fiSqNA

No comments: