Tuesday, January 24, 2017

What I do #fmsphotoaday #fms_whatido #fmspad #january #enero #2017 According to my ID, the things that I do at the office and in court, and to the clothes I wore today, I'm a lawyer. Even though the Dominican Republic was initially a Spanish colony (when you hear that Columbus "discovered" America, this was the place where he landed), thanks to the Haitian occupation of 1822, Dominican Law comes straight from French Law. Whenever I go to court I have to wear black pants (or skirt), a white shirt, a black tie, a robe and a cap with a white ball on top. Judges and prosecutors wear a blue (prosecutors) or purple (judges) stripe on both their sleeves and the same color ball on top of the cap. So yeah, I'm a lawyer, that's what I do for a living.


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2jcmTho

No comments: