Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Where I slept #fmsphotoaday #fms_whereislept #fmspad #december #diciembre #2017 This is where I slept. I’ve been sleeping here since May of 2016, when my father was admitted to the ICU before passing away. Aside from a few days when my aunts came to visit mom and a couple of weekends when I went away, I’ve been sleeping here, on dad’s side of the bed, besides mom. I will sleep here until it is her time to go. Some say I should go back to my bed, but they don’t know what it feels like to sleep on an empty bed when you were used to sleeping besides your husband for 57 years. I don’t want her to feel alone, I wouldn’t be able to sleep knowing she’s by herself and although there are other people sleeping in the next room, they suffer from selective hearing and most probably wouldn’t notice if something happened or if she called. I don’t mind sleeping here (even if she sleep-exercises and unknowingly slaps me in the face every now and the or if I get waken up by her moving her feet up on down), it gives her comfort and I feel not only comforting but comfortable as well.


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2DY9Onm

No comments: