Sunday, October 15, 2017

Perspective #fmsphotoaday #fms_perspective #fmspad #october #octubre #2017 A person, for some weird reason still unknown to me, once tried to bully me into sharing some photos that I took while I was on a road trip with him. A friend recently told me that the photos I uploaded on my Instagram account were not, in his words, “the best ones” (and then I proceeded to take a kick-ass photo in front of him that blew his brains so much he actually used it for his business account). You see, I’m not a photographer and I have never claimed to be one. It’s not in my life plan to earn a living by taking photos (at least currently, one might never know what turn life takes). I’m a lawyer (and a darned good one) and I earn my living by practicing law. I take photos because I happen to sometimes stroll around with a camera, and also because I own a smartphone with photo-taking capabilities in my pocket. For these prompts I take out my phone and take a pic that goes with the daily prompt. For my other photos, including the ones pertaining to my 365 project, when something catches my eye I once again take out my phone and snap a pic. My photos are not supposed to be artsy, I don’t care about rule of thirds, composition, lighting, field depth or aperture, I don’t spend countless hours in front of my computer modifying my pics in Lightroom or Photoshop (I don’t even know how to use them). I don’t upload them for other people’s approval. I don’t want to get new followers (they’re more than welcome, of course). I don’t want to show the world that I’m a good photographer (I am) or editor. This is even an exercise in growth because I don’t feel comfortable sharing things that have meaning for me (believe it or not, I am a very private person). I just take pics. Sometimes for the sake of having a memory of something, sometimes because I have to and most of the times because I want to. If someone likes them or not is just a matter of perspective.


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2g9WLVf

No comments: